If you are having trouble login into the Guacamole page, it is possible that your password has expired. Passwords are set to expire once a year. The guacamole login does not tell you that your password has expired, it just does not allow you to login!
To fix this, to here here and login with your VT PID/password. Then Edit your account to change your password. There is an oddity with the "Edit" account where you must select your (one and only) account from the drop down list.
Please let me know if something is not working: john.ghra (at) vt.edu.
Guacamole provides a way of using the Linux machines without having to install any software, you just use your web browser.
If you find something not working, please let me know: john.ghra (at) vt.edu.
If you don't let me know of problems, I can't fix them!
Known problems and work arounds:
- (NEW) Connection fails with strange messages.
- This seems to happen when several people try to connect at the same time. For now, just try to reconnect, it almost always works the second (or third) time.
- (NEW) Text is a little fuzzy / blurry to read.
- Click the <CTRL><SHIFT><ALT> key combination. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Uncheck Automatically fit to browser window.
- The initial connection to a machine takes a while.
- Just be patient. When you reconnect to a machine, its pretty quick.
- There is a copy&paste clipboard between your computer and the remote computer. This does not work for all combinations of (local computer, browser, remote computer).
- I will try to post updates about this.
- This type of connection is slow and laggy.
- Yes. There is probably nothing I can do about that. If you want a more responsive interface, you will probably need to do a native X windows connection.
Machine Name Load Average
(lower is better)
Logged In Compute Machine 01 0.07 ad6db ldurbeck mana nithyaag poojas rbrand7 sampanna schaum Compute Machine 02 Compute Machine 03 0.05 jkh marwaneltoukhy nithyaag ryanreed varshasayee Compute Machine 04 0.05 nithyaag varshasayee Compute Machine 05 0.05 tarunsc varshasayee Compute Machine 06 0.05 aadi jkh junjiew8 Compute Machine 07 Compute Machine 08 0.05 Compute Machine 09 0.05 ldurbeck Compute Machine 10 0.05 rbrand7 sampanna Workstation 1 0.70 fariborzlp jli4 minux xingye15 Workstation 2 3.28 fabiha27 fariborzlp ldurbeck xingye15 Workstation 3 0.05 fariborzlp shuvob1 xingye15 Workstation 5 Workstation 6 0.10 shuvob1 Large Memory Machine 0.83 akordov1 cjearls kangjun ldurbeck minux rdehart MPI Head Node (48 node cluster) 0.05 ldurbeck