Guacamole provides a way of using the Linux machines without having to install any software, you just use your web browser.
If you find something not working, please let me know: john.ghra
(at) vt.edu. If you don't let me know of problems, I can't fix
Known problems and work arounds:
- Login Problem
- If you are having trouble login into the Guacamole page, it is possible that your password has expired. Passwords are set to expire once a year. The guacamole login does not tell you that your password has expired, it just does not allow you to login!
- To fix this, go here and login with your VT PID/password. Then Edit your account to change your password. There is an oddity with the "Edit" account where you must select your (one and only) account from the drop down list.
- Connection fails with strange messages.
- This seems to happen when several people try to connect at the same time. For now, just try to reconnect, it almost always works the second (or third) time.
- Text is a little fuzzy / blurry to read.
- Click the <CTRL><SHIFT><ALT> key combination. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Uncheck Automatically fit to browser window.
- The initial connection to a machine takes a while.
- Just be patient. When you reconnect to a machine, its pretty quick.
- There is a copy&paste clipboard between your computer and the remote computer. This does not work for all combinations of (local computer, browser, remote computer).
- I will try to post updates about this.
- This type of connection is slow and laggy.
- Yes. There is probably nothing I can do about that. If you want a more responsive interface, you will probably need to do a native X windows connection.
Machine Name Load Average
(lower is better)
Logged In Compute Machine 01 1.16 anaya ashleys20 ayushchatur crjones4 jkh Jubayer keerthanab204 kyle99 miloc murata nimamo pfallen99 rdehart reilys8 Ruiqi ruizhe rutwikj sakshit sidhaarthv sjared99 tylerm7 varshasayee xavier13 yingyanzeng Compute Machine 02 0.05 cdclements dongyk3 fabiha27 julietanderson kavnthir kyle99 prajwalc rutwikj sahil99 Compute Machine 03 0.05 alexr18 fabiha27 kavnthir murata rutwikj to3 xingye15 Compute Machine 04 0.15 athanas cjearls fariborzlp hezm keerthanab204 oliviam18 pfallen99 rutwikj xingye15 zqing6 Compute Machine 05 0.94 jli4 ofoster21 pfallen99 prajwalc varshasayee Compute Machine 06 0.78 cdclements divyanshbabel dongyk3 ece4220 jkh jli4 keerthanab204 mihirsavadi1 to3 xingye15 zqing6 Compute Machine 07 0.18 dbear1 hezm jkh jli4 keerthanab204 kochm00 nonjohn9 xingye15 Compute Machine 08 0.15 colin98 ebaldano jeremybruce keerthanab204 nithyaag nonjohn9 rutvik rutwikj sakshit xingye15 Compute Machine 09 0.05 anaya jaredm2022 jeremybruce jkh johns50 kochm00 mihirsavadi1 Ruiqi sjared99 xingye15 Compute Machine 10 0.26 colin98 ecdanson haoxiangliew jkh oliviam18 tylerm7 xingye15 Compute Machine 11 0.10 alexr18 drhall ecdanson ece4220F21 jkh jswalling kavnthir Ruiqi rutvik smith23 Compute Machine 12 0.25 anaya divyanshbabel ece4220F21 jkh jswalling kavnthir mihirsavadi1 rdehart Compute Machine 13 0.06 divyanshbabel drhall jkh johns50 kochm00 murata nap64 to3 Compute Machine 14 0.19 brinalesser divyanshbabel dongyk3 ebaldano jkh julietanderson mihirsavadi1 nap64 pjke2911 sakshit Compute Machine 15 0.64 danderson11235 divyanshbabel jkh kochm00 mihirsavadi1 prajwalc reilys8 smith23 trentonw Workstation 1 DOWN Workstation 2 DOWN Workstation 3 DOWN Workstation 5 DOWN Workstation 6 DOWN Large Memory Machine 32.42 anaya crjones4 jkh keerthanab204 ldurbeck micsrf rutwikj ryanreed sampanna shagunjohari tjpegram zhenghh MPI Head Node (48 node cluster) 0.05 jkh ldurbeck ryanreed