Guacamole provides a way of using the Linux machines without having to install any software, you just use your web browser.
If you find something not working, please let me know: john.ghra
(at) vt.edu. If you don't let me know of problems, I can't fix
Known problems and work arounds:
- Login Problem
- If you are having trouble login into the Guacamole page, it is possible that your password has expired. Passwords are set to expire once a year. The guacamole login does not tell you that your password has expired, it just does not allow you to login!
- To fix this, go here and login with your VT PID/password. Then Edit your account to change your password. There is an oddity with the "Edit" account where you must select your (one and only) account from the drop down list.
- Connection fails with strange messages.
- This seems to happen when several people try to connect at the same time. For now, just try to reconnect, it almost always works the second (or third) time.
- Text is a little fuzzy / blurry to read.
- Click the <CTRL><SHIFT><ALT> key combination. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Uncheck Automatically fit to browser window.
- The initial connection to a machine takes a while.
- Just be patient. When you reconnect to a machine, its pretty quick.
- There is a copy&paste clipboard between your computer and the remote computer. This does not work for all combinations of (local computer, browser, remote computer).
- I will try to post updates about this.
- This type of connection is slow and laggy.
- Yes. There is probably nothing I can do about that. If you want a more responsive interface, you will probably need to do a native X windows connection.
Machine Name Load Average
(lower is better)
Logged In Compute Machine 01 0.05 crjones4 jkh karthikms91 vikaskrishnan Compute Machine 02 0.05 jkh karthikms91 zhenghh Compute Machine 03 0.05 jkh Compute Machine 04 0.05 jkh Compute Machine 05 0.05 jkh Compute Machine 06 0.05 jkh Compute Machine 07 0.07 jkh Compute Machine 08 0.05 jkh Compute Machine 09 0.05 jkh Compute Machine 10 0.05 jkh Compute Machine 11 0.05 jkh jswalling Compute Machine 12 0.05 jkh Compute Machine 13 0.05 jkh nap64 Compute Machine 14 0.33 jkh julietanderson Compute Machine 15 0.14 divyanshbabel evanc42 jkh satyajeet Large Memory Machine 2.22 aakashc anaya jkh mabtin murata nap64 rdehart Ruiqi rutvik rutwikj satyajeet xingye15 zhenghh MPI Head Node (48 node cluster) 1.05 jkh mmeghasyam prajwalc vikaskrishnan wenjiex