If you are having trouble login into the Guacamole page, it is possible that your password has expired. Passwords are set to expire once a year. The guacamole login does not tell you that your password has expired, it just does not allow you to login!
To fix this, to here here and login with your VT PID/password. Then Edit your account to change your password. There is an oddity with the "Edit" account where you must select your (one and only) account from the drop down list.
Please let me know if something is not working: john.ghra (at) vt.edu.
Guacamole provides a way of using the Linux machines without having to install any software, you just use your web browser.
If you find something not working, please let me know: john.ghra (at) vt.edu.
If you don't let me know of problems, I can't fix them!
Known problems and work arounds:
- Connection fails with strange messages.
- This seems to happen when several people try to connect at the same time. For now, just try to reconnect, it almost always works the second (or third) time.
- Text is a little fuzzy / blurry to read.
- Click the <CTRL><SHIFT><ALT> key combination. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Uncheck Automatically fit to browser window.
- The initial connection to a machine takes a while.
- Just be patient. When you reconnect to a machine, its pretty quick.
- There is a copy&paste clipboard between your computer and the remote computer. This does not work for all combinations of (local computer, browser, remote computer).
- I will try to post updates about this.
- This type of connection is slow and laggy.
- Yes. There is probably nothing I can do about that. If you want a more responsive interface, you will probably need to do a native X windows connection.
Machine Name Load Average
(lower is better)
Logged In Compute Machine 01 0.37 abdullahzubair aghari19 alidemir briell99 cjearls gaurang1 jkh jli4 Jubayer julietanderson micsrf minux Mo7ammadJamal87 nanshan nithyaag norma7 rdehart ryanreed sampanna tjpegram viskim31 williamts Compute Machine 02 1.02 abdullahzubair akashdnyaneshwar alidemir cjearls gaurang1 kalex mchris99 minux Mo7ammadJamal87 nanshan norma7 ritwikdutta1995 tjpegram viskim31 xingye15 Compute Machine 03 1.85 akashdnyaneshwar alidemir cjearls ece4220 fariborzlp gaurang1 nithyaag ryanreed sidhaarthv tjpegram xingye15 yifeil zhenghh zqing6 Compute Machine 04 0.16 cjearls ece4220 fariborzlp hezm jhonj4 Mo7ammadJamal87 nithyaag ryanreed varshasayee xingye15 yifeil zqing6 Compute Machine 05 0.26 cjearls ece4220 ece4220source gaurang1 itiade17 neeravg nithyaag pkmandke viskim31 wjinhua6 xingye15 yijiashi zqing6 Compute Machine 06 1.29 adamle cjearls ece4220 fabiha27 hezm jiayuan5 jli4 kchea17 nanshan pkmandke soysal varshasayee xingye15 yijiashi Compute Machine 07 0.11 gaurang1 jli4 julietanderson junjiew8 mwz15 nap64 rdehart Compute Machine 08 0.27 cjearls fabiha27 gaurang1 hezm jiayuan5 jli4 jnaka66 sampanna stevens18 tjpegram yijiashi Compute Machine 09 0.15 aadi cjearls gaurang1 haoxiangliew jiayuan5 jli4 jnaka66 steve8 Compute Machine 10 0.28 adamle braedenm evanc42 gaurang1 jli4 junjiew8 nithyaag ronnoc tjpegram williamts xingye15 zayeem Compute Machine 11 0.13 adferr21 batdorff gaurang1 michellefike nap64 nithyaag schaum tjpegram Compute Machine 12 0.05 afaris athanas ece4220 gaurang1 nap64 tjpegram wjinhua6 yijiashi zqing6 Compute Machine 13 0.22 davida18 gaurang1 jhonj4 jli4 lennys nanshan rodgerp Compute Machine 14 0.20 adferr21 braedenm davida18 gaurang1 hezm nanshan nap64 Compute Machine 15 1.05 alidemir davida18 gaurang1 minux rdehart ronnoc williamts Workstation 1 DOWN Workstation 2 DOWN Workstation 3 DOWN Workstation 5 DOWN Workstation 6 DOWN Large Memory Machine 1.95 akashdnyaneshwar gaurang1 Jubayer julietanderson junming5 micsrf Mo7ammadJamal87 ryanreed sampanna tjpegram wyq9893 zhenghh MPI Head Node (48 node cluster) 0.31 gaurang1 Jubayer ldurbeck Mo7ammadJamal87 ryanreed sacrain